Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Perspective

I've been pretty busy in game in the last couple of days. I've been working a lot on my bucket list in order to get as much stuff done as possible. And I've had a lot of fun doing it. 

Back in December when I started playing Swtor, I was very bored with WoW. I didn't feel like levelling new toons, the guild I was in was slowly dying, and I just didn't have anything to do in game anymore. Swtor was great, and for three whole months, it made me happy to discover new places, try out different playstyles and get engrossed in my character's stories.

But then, in the fourth month, when everyone started talking about Mists of Pandaria beta, I started missing WoW. I hadn't logged on in a couple of weeks, and I decided to give it another try. In a matter of minutes, Swtor became inadequate. Insufficient.

So my time in Swtor just made me realize how much I love WoW, and how much stuff I enjoy doing in Azeroth. Ever since I came back, I've been farming, levelling, raiding with the Raid Finder, gearing up my characters, and just having a blast. 

This week, I've farmed cloth in Tol Barad and in Icecrown to make bigger bags for my characters, and for some reason, it didn't bore me to tears. I actually enjoyed it and had a couple sessions of "farm all the cloth!" I also farmed elementals in Wintergrasp to gather mats for my blacksmith. I ran BC dungeons for hours to work on my reputations. Working on professions and achievements is suddenly entertaining, when a couple of months ago, it felt like a chore. I levelled fishing in a couple days, and it seemed to go fast! Admittedly, I was watching Supernatural on my second monitor the whole time. I never tire of looking at Dean.

But I digress.

I've levelled my paladin to a whoopin' level 75, and have tanked a couple of dungeons. I'm glad I can't get Nexus or Utgard Keep anymore as randoms because I'm sick of those. They are the only dungeons you can get for something like four levels. Old Kingdom turned out to be fairly chaotic. Especially the first boss. Many mobs, handle it! I think I'm doing a good job, though. I sometimes pull a bit more than I can chew, but not on purpose, honest. And we always survive. Either I'm decent at tanking, or I always get great healers. Maybe a little bit of both? Ya, that's good for my self-esteem. Drak'tharon Keep was a lot of fun to tank,  even with a dk trying to tank everything, and a healer drooling over the fact that I was a girl tank. Sigh. When I got Violet Hold, I was like "Nice! Never tanked this before!" And then I remembered. And I had a tiny moment of "Oh God what was I thinking?" But it went well. The group was on the second boss when I walked in. Maybe I should consider getting an offspec for my paladin, but I've been prot since level 10, and I'm not a fan of ret. I haven't quested since level 15, either. I kinda like the idea of having only one spec. If I even just buy her dual spec, I know I'm gonna end up healing or some shit like that and I really don't want that to happen.

Finally, my cutie druid got lots and lots of gear from the Raid Finder. If I could get my hands on a trinket and the staff off of Deathwing, I would be thrilled. There was a trinket I desperately wanted for my mage, and it took months before I won the roll. My druid? Got it on her first try. What's this, Blizz? Is this your way of telling me I should play my druid more? Message received. Loud and clear.

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you're making progress on the bucket list! :D That's always nice! I need to get on that at some point but I only have one item left on the pre-MoP bucket list and that is get my lock to 85.

    Grats on the druid loot! Makes me want to play my druid again... cannot afford WoW nostalgia right now! I have things I need to get done XD

    But it's good that you're enjoying things more! Sometimes all it takes is a break or trying something else to realize how much you actually like something that you've been a bit burnt out on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohai! =)

      I think my bucket list is a little too big, though. No way I'm doing all of that before the next expansion. I'm lazy like that. XD

      My druid really was neglected for too long. I gotta give her some love, she deserves it. ^^

      Delete
  2. My bucket got knocked over by Diablo, but I'm finally noticing the mess and putting it all back in order ;-)

    Even if you wind up not finishing everything on the list, it helps to have a running tab of the things you want to do though (imo) to help keep you focused!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. Even if I don't finish everything *before* MoP, I want to do it at some point. It's just that the list will grow longer over time.

      Delete
  3. My poor druid had the misfortune of being levelled as a feral tank. Not the best way if you want frustration-free times. She's basically frozen in carbonite at the moment of hitting 85.

    Just stepping back and having a fresh look at things you've been taking for granted is a great way to refresh any relationship, even if it's with a game. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some sort of love-hate relationship with my druid, because she is an hybrid. I love her, but I hate having to heal. But balance is fun for now, so I'll just enjoy it while it lasts. That's what happens when you have so many alts. Too many characters, not enough time.

      And I'm really enjoying this "falling in love with the game all over again" thing. It all feels familiar and new at the same time. I love it.

      Delete