Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Newbie Blogger Initiative

nbismall.jpg

Two bloggers from my blogroll were talking about this NBI thing this morning, and as I am fairly new to the blogging thing, I decided to check it out. You should too, whether you're a blogger or not. It's there to help new bloggers get some visibility, some advices from more experienced bloggers, and also, to encourage you to start your own blog if you want to. I think it's the best thing ever. Because blogging is awesomely fun, but not everyone knows exactly how the hell to get people to read what you have to say.

When I was still blogging about Swtor, I found it easier to just go and comment on other people's blogs telling them : hey! love your blog, btw I'm new here, you should check my blog!" because the Swtor blog community was fairly smaller than WoW's. And also, everyone was rather new to it. Since Swtor is four months old, not counting the beta.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it intimidating to try and make my way in the WoW blogosphere. There's so many other bloggers out there! Amazing bloggers. Some of them have been blogging for years. I feel like a little ant in the world of the giants, trying to get one of them to pay attention to me and my ramblings. But maybe that's just my low self-esteem talking. XD 

So thank you NBI, and thank you to the people that make it happen.

May will be the month of write ALL THE THINGS, make ALL THE FRIENDS, and have ALL THE FUN. =D 

8 comments:

  1. Hello and good luck from one newbie to another!! And I feel the same way about being a very small, squishable bug. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I just read your SoHK post--I remember the torture that was that achievement, and I even liked PvP!

    I don't know any of us who don't feel a little like ants among giants sometimes. But I have a fire ant bite on my toe, and it's been hurting and itching for four days. I could say something really encouraging like, "even little ants have a big impact," but I'm going to go with "go make someone itch for a week!" :-P

    Looks like you're doing pretty well to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from another newbie! I certainly hope this month will be about reading and posting ALL the things :) I hope that your blog thrives throughout this month and beyond!

    Good Luck,
    Ashe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogosphere, hehe. There is always room for more unique viewpoints on any subject, even WoW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the NBI! I hope you have fun and let us know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete