Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

10 glyphs I'm excited about in Mists of Pandaria

I haven't been on the beta a lot since I got in. (Except to check out the Pandas' starting zone, which is a lot of fun btw.) The reason for that is that I don't wanna be spoiled. I checked stuff like professions, talents and glyphs, but nothing from the new continent, or any quests or anything else. I want to be able to log in the day that MoP launches and just discover it all with my boyfriend. It'd be easy to go and do it all now, but that just means I'll get bored with it faster. Levelling 10+ characters to the level cap does that to you.

But I've seen enough to be really excited for the new content. I wasn't thrilled when I first heard about pandas and I was wondering whether or not that would be the time I finally quit WoW. But the months passed, and I completely changed my mind. I'm still not completely sold to the pandas, and I don't know how I'll enjoy playing a monk, but there's new content coming, which is always good, and can't be worse than Cataclysm - oops, did I just say that? - and I'm just excited to get new dungeons, new raids, new gear and so on. 

I only just today looked at the new glyphs that we're getting in MoP, and a lot of those got me really excited.

Druid Glyphs :

Glyph of the Stag
Minor Glyph
Classes: Druid
Requires Level 25
Item Level 25
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.


Even if it's not as fast as a mount, it's still great. Levelling with a non-druid buddy just became a lot more fun.

Glyph of the Orca
Minor Glyph
Classes: Druid
Requires Level 25
Item Level 25
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.


I just think Orcas look a lot better than... whatever it is that the aquatic form looks like now.

Glyph of Stars
Minor Glyph
Classes: Druid
Requires Level 29
Item Level 29
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Your Moonkin Form now appears as Astral Form, conferring all the same benefits, but appearing as an astrally enhanced version of your normal humanoid form.


I guess lots of people might love their moonkin form. Me, I hate it. With a passion. So yay for druid transmog!

Hunter Glyphs :

Glyph of Fetch
Minor Glyph
Classes: Hunter
Requires Level 25
Item Level 25
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Teaches you the ability Fetch.

Command your pet to retrieve the items on a nearby corpse.


How cool is that? Your pet can fetch loot from corpses that are out of reach, or just too far for your lazy ass to bother and pick it up yourself. The lazy ass in me is happy.

Glyph of Camouflage
Major Glyph
Classes: Hunter
Requires Level 25
Item Level 25
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Your Camouflage ability now provides stealth even while moving, but your movement speed while Camouflage is active is reduced by 50%.


I can haz stealth? On my hunter? Can playing a hunter get any better?

Mage Glyphs :

Glyph of Momentum
Minor Glyph
Classes: Mage
Requires Level 25
Item Level 25
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Your Blink spell teleports you in the direction you are moving instead of the direction you are facing.


When you're swimming, this becomes very useful.

Glyph of Ritual of Refreshment
Minor Glyph
Classes: Mage
Requires Level 25
Item Level 25
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Your Ritual of Refreshment spell no longer requires the assistance of other raid members to complete, but has a 1 min cooldown.


You mean I don't have to pray anymore that the idjits helping me summon my table won't move for no reason and cancel the casting? 

Glyph of Mana Gem
Major Glyph
Classes: Mage
Requires Level 68
Item Level 68
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Your Conjure Mana Gem spell now creates a Brilliant Mana Gem, which holds up to 10 charges.


Oh hello 30-minute-mana-intensive fights. I'm ready for you now.

Paladin Glyphs :

Glyph of Consecration
Major Glyph
Classes: Paladin
Requires Level 25
Item Level 25
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

You can now target Consecration anywhere within 25 yards.


Try and pull aggro from me now, suckas.

Glyph of the Righteous Retreat
Minor Glyph
Classes: Paladin
Requires Level 25
Item Level 25
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

During Divine Shield, you can invoke your Hearthstone 50% faster.


/bubblehearth

There are other cool glyphs coming with MoP, but those are my favourites so far. Here's hoping they don't get removed before they even go live!

1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited about the hunter fetch glyph....my hunter is my herbing/mining character! I have the astral glyph on my druid in beta, but I'm not so sure I would use it on live.

    ReplyDelete